Monday, June 15, 2009

So annoyed! What do I do...?

Ok, so I'm a HUGE fan of the show Charmed and have been since it first aired. I own all 8 seasons on DVD and know just about all there is to know about the show. So I was looking around online and found a replica of the show's Book of Shadows and I bought it. Well it came in the mail on Friday and I was down at my parent's house and the mailman brought it there (instead of my house for some unknown reason). Anyway, I opened it and looked at it a little bit before we left on our trip down to Indianapolis for the weekend.

We got back from the trip today and I asked my mom to bring my book up to me when she brought my luggage. Well she brought my bags, but "forgot" the book. She said she was going to go home to get it and brink it back (we live right next door to each other). Well, I waited and waited and she never came back.

So I called her and asked her if she was coming up and she gives me the whole "we need to talk" line. She and my dad looked at the book and think it's "pretty scary". OMG, it's a prop from a TV show!!!! So now tomorrow they want to sit down and talk about this book. What am I supposed to say to them? For crying out loud, I'm 25 years old and it's a FICTIONAL book! They want to see a book about witchcraft, I'll show them my real BOS, geez! This is such bull and it's not worth my time.

I'm exhausted tonight, but I know I'm not going to able to sleep and tomorrow I'll be all stressed out because I know this "talk" is going to turn into a huge screaming fight. Why can't they mind their own **** business?! They have no problem with me reading Twilight. What's the difference? Apparently books about vampires aren't as scary as books about witches. Whatever... And they wonder why I feel like I have to hide things from them. It's because they do stupid crap like this to piss me off!

I've told them it's a prop from a TV show and apparently that's not enough for them. I was thinking about having the show on when they came up to show them. But what I don't get, is that THEY bought me most of the seasons from the show on DVD. My mom has seen bits and pieces of the show when I've watched it at their house. So obviously something else is bothering them. This is just ridiculous!

I have every intention of making it VERY clear to them that this book has absolutely nothing to do with my religious beliefs. If I believed in everything that's in that show I would deserve professional help. That's crazy. I know the difference between fantasy and reality. I think that they don't believe that I do. And that's their issue and not mine.

I'm sure I'm stressing over all this and it's not going to be as bad as I think it will. And I certainly hope that's the case. I've been in such a horrible mood all day and I hate it! It's so draining to go around this pissed off about something. I'll be glad when this is over. Worse case scenario, I'm prepared to find a new place to live, a job, and keeping them out of my life until they can get over themselves. They don't own me and they can't force their beliefs on me. And I don't need their permission to own a book (no matter what book it is)!

I'll post an update after they leave!

~Lyra

No comments:

Post a Comment